What Does The Bible Say About Cursing?
Is it a sin to swear to cause to use vulgar words profanity is it sin? These are some of the questions that I got from you guys here in this article. I will answer this question right away by looking at what the Bible says to us about using Cursing, obscene foul, offensive language. Let’s get to it.
Is it a sin to use foul language to cuss fluke in my language in Afrikaans we say fluke now when I was young me all my friends our culture when we were young when we would use bad language we would get hiding straight away, and some parents would tell their kids hey I’m gonna wash your mouth out with soap?
But these days are different swearing using bad foul language. It lost its sting. It became normal, and even young kids today swear like sailors in our society we use vulgar language because we became more vulgar. But it’s sad, isn’t it, when vulgar becomes the new normal.
How do we, as imperfect humans, determine which is right and which is wrong? We have to look at what God, who is perfect, says about right and wrong.
Also Know about What Does The Bible Say About RH Negative Blood?
So let’s take a look at what does the Bible says about Cursing? Jesus declares In Matthew 12 36: I say to you that on the day of judgment, people will be held accountable for every word that they say through your words you will be justified and with your words, you’ll be convicted.
It is important to understand that if you speak with the Holy Spirit, You will not act in a reckless manner. You’ll be accountable for every sloppy word you say. It’s not just talking here about swearing but about every careless word that you speak. Now some people say I can’t control myself; I just speak before I even think.
But I’d like you to pay attention to me. Don’t make excuses or be a liar to yourself. Since if you’re truly a born Christian, You have the spirit of God in you as well as one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is self-control. Galatians 522 says that spiritual fruit is joy, love, peace, patience kind, goodwill, and self-control.
If you choose to act according to your own personality, it will be difficult to control your actions. However, if you decide to follow the Holy Spirit, you’ll always have self-control. the decision is yours.
Ephesians 5 4 states that there should be no dirtiness, foolish conversation, or crude and inappropriate jokes. Instead, let there be thanksgiving.
This verse speaks for itself. You know the culture that I come from as an Afrikaner. There’s a thing you should know to know about us. We love our barbecues. We call it the braai, and most of us say that we are godly people, that we love God, and we were once a very godly nation.
But now many of us drink like crazy, we curse like crazy, and then when the food is ready from the barbecue, we take our hats off to pray to God it doesn’t add up that is only dead religion, and it means nothing.
James 1 6 states that when someone thinks they are religious and doesn’t bridle his tongue but lies to his heart, his faith is of no value.
If you’re a real Christian and you believe in Christ, then you’re the light of the universe. Shine your light set an example through your actions and also through your speech.
So how is it possible that you can say you’re a Christian, but at the same time, you use the same tongue, the same mouth to swear and curse and use profane language in a foul manner and then praise God?
James 3, verse 10, states that in the exact same way. Comes blessings and curses to my brothers. These things shouldn’t be the case, but it is a sinful and temporary fallen. We live in the world, but we’re not part of the world as we are a separate entity. We are expected to be holy because God has declared us to be holy.
Romans 12 2:2 says to not conform to the world, but rather be transformed through the renewing of your mind so, through testing, you will be able to discern the will of God that is acceptable and acceptable as well as of God what is perfect and acceptable.
So we have to live holly within God’s will, and you know it’s not just when we look at swearing or follow words. It’s not just that it’s what we say to people about the situation and how we say it to them.
Grace to those who listen to the words you speak. Ephesians 429 says, “Do not let any corrosive words be spoken from your mouth, however, only talk that is useful for building to the event it might offer. You build people up in the sense that it makes them feel more welcome. Is that they are blessed to listen to your words.
Now it doesn’t say that you have to sugarcoat things but speak the truth in love, and sometimes you may need to say things that people’s sinful natures do not want to hear, but you have to do it because of God’s word. It’s not always easy, but you have to discern you have to let the holy spirit lead you to guide you to know what, when, and how to talk to people.
Colossians 4 6 states, “Let your words be sprinkled with salt so that you can be aware of how you should respond to every person.
Of course, there are times that this is difficult, and you may not know how to handle the questions of your friends. I often ask myself this question: What would Jesus have to say to this person at the moment.
Then it’s like a switch that just because then it calms me down, and it’s easier for me to know exactly what the holy spirit wants me to do, and Our aim is always to follow the example of Jesus and to emulate Jesus.
1 Peter 2, verse 21, states that you are given this title because Christ also suffered for you, giving you an example to follow to help you be able to follow in his footsteps.
I want to be honest with you when I was younger, I used to swear a lot but then when I became a child of God. The holy spirit convicted me. Because I was not living a holy life, so it was convicting me of my foul language, and I knew Jesus would never say the things that I was saying.
One peter 1 verse 15 says, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct. Ask yourself: the next time you speak anything, you should ask yourself if Jesus be saying this.
It’s a good test, and you know we as a society usually talk about physical abuse that’s wrong, and it’s good because we should talk about it.
What about verbal abuse? Words that cut directly into the heart? It is more damaging than physical abuse. Your tongue is very, very powerful, and you need to be careful.
Proverbs 18-21 states that eternal life and death are in your tongue’s hands, and those who cherish it will eat the fruits of it. You need to remember that your tongue shows people your heart because a tree is known by its fruit.
Jesus mentions in Matthew 12 33 that you can create a good tree and make its fruits good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad since the fruit recognizes the tree.
Vipers swarm around you. How can you talk effectively when you’re evil because, from the abundance of your mouth, it speaks. The person who is good from his treasure of good fortune produces good, while the bad person from his bad treasures produces evil.
What does your heart look like, and be honest with yourself? Take a deep look inside and ask yourself how do you speak to people.
Proverbs 10, verse 31, states that the righteous’ mouth is a source of wisdom. However, the perverse tongue is cut off—the mouth of the righteous. The righteous are aware of what is acceptable.
However, the mouths of the wicked are perverse. Your time here on earth is short, so you use your time the right way, and if you are a new Christian and struggle with your tongue. Then ask God to help you.
Be like David who said in Psalm 141 verse 3 set a guard o lord over my mouth keep watch over the door of my lips. Make sure you choose your words wisely. Make sure you speak with a sense of humor, And when you speak, make sure you use your words to praise God to honor him. Always remember that it isn’t important where you’re from. What you’ve done is the same.
31 Bible Verses About Cursing
1. Psalm 109:28 Let them curse, but you will bless they arise and are put to shame, but your servant will be glad.
2. Matthew 5:37 Let what you say be simply yes or no anything more than this comes from evil.
3. Proverbs 6:12 A worthless person a wicked man goes about with crooked speech.
4. Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be graciously seasoned with salt so that you may know how you ought to answer rich person.
5. Psalm 10:7 His mouth is filled with Cursing and deceit and oppression under his tongue are mischief and iniquity.
6. Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
7. Titus 3:2 To speak evil of no one to avoid quarreling, be gentle, and show perfect courtesy toward all people.
8. Psalm 109:17 He loved to curse let curses come upon him he did not delight in blessing, and may it be far from him.
9. Colossians 3:8 But now you must put them all away anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.
10. 1st Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from every form of evil.
11. James 3:10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing my brothers these things ought not to be so.
12. Psalm 34:13 Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.
13. First Peter 1:15 But is he who called you is only you also be holy in all your conduct.
14. Proverbs 21:23 Whoever keeps his mouth, and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
15. Second, Timothy 2:16 But avoid irreverent babble for it will lead people into more and more on godliness.
16. Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things if God is for us who can be against us.
17. Matthew12:36 I tell you that on the day of judgment, people will account for every careless word they speak.
18. Psalm 14:1 three Said a guard Oh Lord over my mouth keep watch over the door of my lips.
19. Proverbs 4:24 Put away from you crooked speech and put devious talk far from you.
20. Proverbs 15:4 A gentle tongue is a tree of life but perverseness, and it breaks the spirit.
21. Proverbs 4:23 keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the Springs of Life.
22. Proverbs 12:18 there is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
23. Proverbs 39 Lest I be full and deny you and say who is the Lord or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.
24. Proverbs 31:26 Opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
25. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
26. Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil but overcomes evil with good.
27. Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them.
28. Leviticus 19:12 You shall not swear by my name falsely and so profane the name of your God I am the Lord.
29. Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
30. Luke 6:28 Bless those who curse you pray for those who abuse you.
31. Deuteronomy 5:11 You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
Is Swearing On The Bible A Sin?
The reason for the new rule will be revealed in Matthew 5:37. Only a handful of Christians believe this verse to indicate that oaths of all kinds are forbidden, like in other sections of the Bible. Oaths can be taken more seriously. So, the majority of Christian churches are of the opinion in the fact that false or void swearing oaths are not allowed.
What Does The Bible Say About Swearing To God?
The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 1:13 as well as Galatians 1:20 Paul of Tarsus swears oaths. The Bible says in the Hebrews chapter 6 verse 17 God himself swears by vow. Therefore, the majority of Christian churches are of the belief in the fact that false or void swearing oaths are not allowed. John Calvin argued that only swearing against God is not right.
1. What is it that you mean when you curse your father and mother?
Answer: As per Torah the Torah, cursing or striking the mother or father was punishable by death immediately. In Deuteronomy, there is a procedure set out for parents to take their son, who is consistently disobedient to the city elders, to be executed through the stone.
2. What does the Bible mean by cursing?
Answer: 1st: To use profane and insolent words against the God of his God.
2nd: The power of God or the supernatural to cause harm on He was cursed and is afraid that he will be killed.
3. Why is cursing bad?
Answer: They discovered that Cursing is linked to negative emotions like sadness (21.83 percent) as well as anger (16.79 percent) which suggests that online people typically utilize cursing words in order to show their sadness or anger at others.
4. What is the curse of God?
Answer: The story of the curse that struck Cain can be found in Genesis 4:11-16. This curse is due to Cain killing his brother Abel and then lying about the murder before God. When Cain released his brother’s blood, the earth was cursed at the moment when the blood touched the ground.
5. Does the Bible say not to cuss?
Answer: Although the Bible doesn’t provide the list of specific terms to avoid, it is clear that Christians should stay away from “filthy language,” “unwholesome talk,” and “crude joking.” Christians are advised to avoid being contaminated by the world and portray the image of God, and, as such, Christians are not to scream.